The Vajrabhairava Mandala
Significant Objects in the Mandala
The objects in a mandala contain more meaning
than can adequately be presented here.
The following examples are meant to demonstrate
the types of symbolism that a mandala might provide.
- The box and crossed vajra that form the mandala's base
represent firmness, and remind us that
an enlightened state of mind is indestructable.
- The five colors of the walls correspond to
the four cardinal directions and the center,
and represent the five aspects of the knowledge of a Buddha.
- Mirror-like wisdom
- Universal law
- Wisdom of equality
- All accomplishing wisdom
- The four gateways are the "Four Immeasurable Thoughts":
- Sympathetic Joy
- The ceiling beams take on all of the roof's weight,
signifying how one must take responsibility for others.
- Umbrellas represent protection from suffering.
- Banners represent victory over affliction.
Exploring the Mandala